The buttery cherry almond tea cake is made with wheat & almond flour, with fresh juicy cherries for that fruity flavour & roasted sliced almonds for that extra crunch with sprinkled sugar for caramel flavour.
The cake is super moist, scrumptious, and tastes like heaven.
HERE IS OUR RECIPE VIDEO OF THE CHERRY ALMOND CAKE TO WATCH!
HERE IS THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE RECIPE!
Cherry Almond Tea Cake
Cherry Almond Cake Batter
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk (room temperature)
- 4 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 1 cup Wheat flour (atta)
- 1/4th cup Custard powder/Cornflour
- 1/4th cup Almond flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Milk (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla/Cherry essence
- 1/2 cup Cherries (chopped)
- 1/4th cup Almonds (roasted & sliced)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Take salted butter in a bowl and beat for 1 min. After 1 min, the butter will turn light in colour.
- Add condensed milk to the butter and beat for 1 min.
- Add powdered sugar and beat for 5 mins. After 5 mins, the mixture will be light and fluffy.
- Sieve wheat flour, custard powder, baking soda and baking powder. Add almond flour & milk and vanilla essence. Beat till all combined. Don't over-mix the batter.
- Add freshly chopped cherries and roasted sliced almonds and fold the batter gently till all mixed.
- The cake batter is ready.
- Grease an 8-inch loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Transfer the cake batter to the tin & level it. Garnish with cherries and almonds. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven @ 180*C for 30 - 35 mins or till it comes clean.
- After the cake is baked, take it out immediately from the oven and cool completely.
- Slice it and enjoy this delicious bake with a hot cup of coffee or milkshake.
- If fresh cherries are not available, you can swap them with raisins, dates, nuts of your choice.
- All the ingredients used should be at room temperature.
- Wheat flour can be swapped with all-purpose flour.
- If you don't have a loaf tin, you can bake this cake in a 6 or 7 inch round cake tin.
- Cake batter should not be overmixed which will lead to a dense cake.
- Bake the cake in the middle rack of the oven with both the modes on.
- Cake can also be baked in a pan or pressure cooker in gas. It will take 40 - 45 mins.