Healthy oats & nut mixture is a power-packed delicious crunchy & nutty snack made with healthy grains like oats, rice flakes loaded with lots of nuts, seeds & flavored with tangy masalas.
Oats are one of my favorite grains. It’s so versatile. I basically include them in cakes, cereals, dosas, paranthas, smoothies, Khichdi, poha & the list goes on.
I consume it almost daily in various different forms and I keep on trying and making different tasty recipes so I and my family can consume it daily happily and enjoy it.
Oats Are Incredibly Nutritious, rich in antioxidants & contain a powerful soluble fiber.
They Can Lower Cholesterol Levels, protect LDL cholesterol from damage & improve Blood Sugar Control.
Oatmeal Is Very Filling and May Help You Lose Weight & good for healthy skin.
Enjoy this delicious healthy power-packed snack
HERE IS OUR RECIPE VIDEO OF HEALTHY OATS MIXTURE TO WATCH!
HERE IS THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE RECIPE!
Healthy Oats & Nuts Mixture/Chivda - No Fry
Roasting the ingredients
- 2 Cups Old fashioned oats (thick oats)
- 1/2 Cup Thin Poha (rice flakes)
- 1 Cup Lotus seeds (makhana)
- 3 tbsp Clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4th tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 10 pcs Curry leaves
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Cashewnuts
- 1/4th Cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4th Cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/4th Cup Watermelon seeds
- 1 tbsp Flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1/4th Cup Raisins
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Sugar powder
- 1 tbsp Amchoor
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Take a broad heavy pan.
- Roast the oats for 10-12 mins on low flame till crisp & light golden brown. Keep aside.
- Roast Poha for 3-4 mins on low flame till crisp. Keep aside.
- Roast Makhanas for 5-6 mins on low flame till crisp. Keep aside.
- Take a broad pan. Add Ghee. Once ghee melts add mustard seeds, cumin seeds & Asafoetida(hing). Let it temper. Add Curry leaves and saute on medium flame till crisp.
- Add peanuts & roast on low flame till crisp. Then add almonds & saute till crisp.
- Add cashewnuts, dry coconut & saute on low flame till crisp.
- Now add all the seeds, raisins & saute for 1 min.
- Add the roasted oats, poha & makhanas & combine gently.
- Add salt to taste & all the spices & mix well.
- Roast for 2 more mins on low flame.
- Healthy, crunchy Nutty snack is ready.
- Cool completely & store in an air-tight container for upto 1 month.
- Enjoy this delicious healthy oats chivda as a snack with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
- Use old-fashioned oats which are thicker and more flavourful & have a nice texture in comparison to instant oats.
- You can add more ghee to the mixture if you want.
- You can add any nuts and seeds of your choice to the mixture.
- Cool the chivda completely and then store it in an air-tight container.
- The chivda will stay fresh for up to 1 month at room temperature.