Chocolate Nutty squares or barfi is a quick, easy and decadent sweet prepared in just 15 mins. These barfis are chocolaty and nutty flavoured with cocoa powder, nuts, biscuits, and lots of chocolate. A perfectly easy and quick sweet to prepare at festivals like Rakshabandhan and Diwali if you have no time to prepare an elaborate time consuming sweet. I had prepared this sweet on Rakshabandhan and my family and kids totally relished this sweet. Hope you all enjoy this easy preparation too.
Here are more Flavourful chocolate recipes you would like to try
HERE IS OUR RECIPE VIDEO OF CHOCO NUT SQUARES TO WATCH!
HERE IS THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE RECIPE!
Choco Nut Squares/Barfi
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 1 tbsp Butter (salted)
- 1/2 cup Cashewnut powder (coarse)
- 1/2 cup Digestive biscuit powder (coarse)
- 2 tbsp Walnut (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- 1/2 cup Dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1 tsp butter (salted)
- 1/4th cup White chocolate (melted)
- In a pan, combine milk and cocoa powder till lump-free. Add condensed milk and combine well.
- Cook on medium flame and mix. Add butter and cook till butter melts. Stir continuously to avoid burning. Once the mixture comes to a boil, switch off the flame.
- Add cashew nut powder, digestive biscuit powder and combine well.
- Now, switch on the flame and cook the mixture for 2 mins on medium flame.
- The Mixture thickens and separates from the pan after 2 to 3 mins. Switch off the flame.
- Add walnuts, almonds, and combine. The Chocolate mixture is ready to set.
- Transfer the mixture to a 5-inch square dish lined with baking paper. Level the mixture.
- Melt dark chocolate and butter. Pour it on the mixture and level it. Decorate with melted white chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 2 hrs or till set.
- Cut in squares and enjoy!
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiling method.
- Any biscuits like parle-g, digestive, chocolate biscuits can be used of your choice.
- Cashewnut powder can be swapped with almond powder which will also taste equally delicious.
- Refrigerate and store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.