Modak is believed to be the favorite sweets of Lord Ganesha. Ganesh Chaturthi or Vinayaka Chaturthi is a popular Hindu festival that celebrates the birth of Lord Ganesha. Ganesh Chaturthi is the birth of the elephant-headed deity Ganesha. Lord Ganesh is believed to be the god of prosperity and wisdom. He is considered as Vighnaharta, who removes all obstacles in life.
Hindus believe that Ganesha loves Modak hence he is also called Modakpriya. The specialty of this festival is the ‘Modaks’ which is the sweet dumpling considered as the favorite food of Lord Ganesha. He is also worshipped at the beginning of every work in Sanatana Dharma.
I am sharing my easy version of chocolaty nutty Modaks. Easy, No-Cook Chocolaty Almond Modaks made with some surprise elements are going to be a fun activity to bond with your kids. Prepare these delicious Modaks with kids for their favourite Ganesha. My kids enjoyed making them and loved it. These beauties finished in minutes. Do offer these pretty treats to our beloved Ganesha and make him happy.
HERE IS OUR RECIPE VIDEO OF CHOCOLATE ALMOND MODAKS TO WATCH!
HERE IS THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE RECIPE!
Chocolate Almond Modak
- 12 pcs Digestive/Marie biscuits
- 1/4th cup Almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 1/4th cup Condensed milk
- 1 tsp Milk
- Grind biscuits, almonds, cocoa powder, and desiccated coconut in a fine powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add condensed milk and milk to the mixture. Combine and prepare a dough.
- To make Modaks, grease the Modak moulds with ghee and create Modak shapes and stuff almonds in between the Modaks as a filling.
- Delicious chocolaty nutty Modaks are ready.
Comments are closed.