Delicious creamy instant bread dessert with custard & lots of nuts & flavored with cardamom powder is a must treat for any festival & super easy to make. Enjoy it chilled. Hope you all enjoy this dessert.
HERE IS OUR RECIPE VIDEO OF THE BREAD RASBHARI TO WATCH!
HERE IS THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE RECIPE!
Creamy Custard Milk
- 1 litre Full-fat milk
- Few strands Saffron
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Custard powder
- 1/4th cup Milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Almonds (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Pistachio (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Cashewnuts (chopped)
- 1 tsp Dried rose petals (for garnishing)
- 1/4th cup *Fresh Cream (optional *see notes)
- 5 slices Bread (white/brown)
- 2 tbsp Clarified butter (ghee)
Creamy Custard Milk
- Combine Custard powder and milk till no lumps. Keep aside
- Take a heavy bottom pan. Pour milk and cook on high flame till it boils. Stir the milk continuously. Once the milk boils, cook on low flame.
- Add sugar and saffron and combine.
- Add the prepared custard mixture to the milk. Cook on medium flame till the milk has a medium-thick consistency. Stir continuously to avoid custard mixture sticking on the bottom of the pan.
- Once the milk has a medium-thick consistency, add cardamom powder, nuts and cook for 1 more min.
- Transfer and cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut the bread slices in squares.
- Take a heavy bottom pan.
- Add ghee. Once the ghee melts, spread the bread croutons and roast on low flame till crisp and golden brown from both sides. Keep flipping to avoid burning of bread.
- Take the chilled custard milk. At this time fresh cream can be added to the milk mixture for a more creamy and rich taste. Then, add bread croutons into it and dip them completely.
- Garnish with nuts, saffron, and dried rose petals.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins or till completely chilled.
- Serve Chilled and enjoy!
- Make lump-free custard mixture and mix nicely before pouring into the milk.
- To avoid burning, stir the milk mixture continuously to avoid custard setting on the bottom.
- Roast the bread croutons on low flame and keep flipping to avoid burning.
- *Fresh cream can be added to the chilled custard milk for a more rich creamy taste.
- The custard milk should be chilled before add bread croutons to it.