Poha ladoos are also known as aval ladoos in Tamil- aval means flattened rice flakes. Poha jaggery ladoos are sweet balls made with flattened rice flakes, desiccated coconut, cardamom powder, ghee, and dry fruits. These are super easy to make if you are looking for an easy sweet to prepare. These delicious ladoos are healthy, sugar-free, moist, and super easy to make. It just takes 10 mins to prepare these delicious treats. These ladoos taste just exactly like churma ladoos and I bet you will be craving it even after relishing one ladoo. These ladoos can be offered as bhog for pujas and perfect sweet for festivals too.
HERE IS OUR RECIPE VIDEO OF POHA JAGGERY LADOOS TO WATCH!
HERE IS THE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE RECIPE!
Poha Jaggery Churma Ladoo
Poha jaggery ladoos are sweet balls made with flattened rice flakes, desiccated coconut, cardamom powder, ghee, and dry fruits.
- Heavy Bottom Pan
- 1 1/4th cup Flattened rice flakes (Poha)
- 3 tbsp Clarified butter (Ghee)
- 2 tbsp Almonds (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Cashewnuts (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1/2 cup Jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- In a heavy bottom pan, roast poha till crisp on low flame. Roasting poha will take 3 to 4 mins. While roasting, the colour of poha should not change. Transfer and cool completely.
- In a pan, put 1 tbsp ghee and melt it. Once the ghee is hot, add almonds, cashew nuts, and raisins. Roast the nuts in low flame till crisp. It will take 2 to 3 mins. Keep aside.
- Grind the cooled roasted poha in a medium coarse powder. Now add jaggery powder, desiccated coconut, and cardamom powder and grind again till all are combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add the roasted nuts, ghee, and combine the mixture well.
- Prepare ladoos or balls from the mixture.
- Easy and delicious poha ladoos are ready.
- Roast the poha on low flame. The colour of poha should not change while roasting.
- Ghee is used to bind the ladoos. Use ghee accordingly in intervals and add more if required to bind them.
- Desiccated coconut can be swapped with almond powder/cashew nut powder.
- If you don't like roasted nuts in the ladoos, grind them with poha and jaggery.
- Store the ladoos in a clean airtight container at room temperature. These ladoos will stay fresh for 10 days.
Comments are closed.